It is had to believe that Hello Kitty has been with us for over 40 years. Her simple, yet adorable appearance has followed us for generations all the while bringing joy to kids and adults alike.
With her worth of at least $7bn a year (yes, you have read that right), she is also a household name. There is no toy, fashion accessory, or item of clothing that hasn’t sported her recognizable face. Her popularity seems to be only growing with time, and we are there for the ride. As a homage to this lovely cat-girl, we have chosen to show you some the most beautiful nail art inspired by her.
Believe it or not, matte nails have an exceptional tendency to make everyone fall for them. Sometimes, all you need is the right topcoat to transform any color – no other styling experience necessary. But, just because you can mattify any shade doesn’t mean you should. Some colors simply read more chic than others when they cease to shine.
Although matte hit its peak in 2010, patterns, accents, and different nail shapes prove that this fun lacquer finish is anything but flat. Scroll down for our 25 favorite looks, including a tonal, reverse-French manicure and a chrome-and-matte combo.
Lace has always been that special ingredient that can spice up and elevate any look. That’s exactly why lace nails are so gorgeous! They look seductive on a nude base, and airy and light on a pastel one. Either way, the design is very easy to do with stamping or decals and it’s a perfect complement to a wedding dress, formal wear or a playful summery look. Here are some of the designs we love!
‘Without music, life would be a mistake’ – Friedrich Nietzsche
People who adore music tend to instill it in every aspect of their lives. For most of them, music is one of the greatest sources of inspiration, therefore, it comes as no surprise that nail art has welcomed musical notes with open arms.
The notes and other musical signs and instruments will surely look awesome on you, no matter how small or long nails you have. These nail creations we have chosen for you, will awake a maestro inside of you and get you right onto the dance floor!
If you were alive in the 90s, you have lived through the craze that were color changing things. They were everywhere – from toys and T-shirts, to hair clips and jewelry. Well, this fun trend is back and in the form that makes perfect sense – as color changing nail polish. It reacts to your body heat and changes shades or turns into completely different colors, creating a beautiful gradient in the process. So, you basically get an ombre, without any mess.
We think the colors look absolutely magical and you can just imagine how fun it is to watch them change and flow into each other throughout the day.
If you’re looking for a completely unique and different nail art inspiration, look no further! You wanna carry some art on your body, but you are not ready to have a permanent tattoo or makeup? Well, this is just the perfect way to show your creativity through incredible imaginative nail ideas designed by some of the most famous manicurist on Instagram.
You won’t be needing a little Chanel bag while you are wearing these super cute, jaw-dropping nails for sure!
You spend hours painting your nails and drawing complicated designs and, just as you are putting the final layer of top coat, your design smudges and the entire effort goes to waste. It’s the worst, we know! Well, you can’t get the ruined manicure back, but you can prevent it from ever happening again. It’s time to relearn some of the things you thought you knew about nail care. We have compiled a list of useful advice that will keep you from ever ruining your manicure again.
1. Here is the solution for top coat smudging. First of all, you need to make sure you are gently gliding over the nail when applying top coat, without the brush actually touching the design. Apply it in three strokes so you don’t go over the same spot more than once. Secondly, do your research. Find out which top coats are prone to smudging, and also test out your top coats over a design on a piece of paper before using them.
2. If you are using matte top coats, you know they are notorious for smudging. An easy fix is simply using a glossy top coat first, and then going over it with the matte one. The result will be absolutely the same, but without a single smudge.
3. Chill… your nail polish, that is. Before painting your nails, keep the bottle in the fridge, because cool nail polish sets better. Heat will cause your nail polish to become soft and thick.
4. Putting nail polish on oily fingers is a big mistake. Nothing sticks to an oily surface, so it’s no surprise that your manicure will last much shorter if your nails aren’t perfectly dry. You can remove the excess oil and dirt by cleaning your nail plate with rubbing alcohol before painting. After you are done with the manicure, re-moisturize with cuticle oil.
5. Avoid soaking your hands in water before a manicure. While in water, your nails will retain the moisture and expand. Painting them that way will spell disaster for when they are finally dry, because the coat of nail polish will no longer fit the nail plate. This might cause the polish to wrinkle and distort.
6. Once you have your nail polish on, avoid products containing alcohol, such as hand sanitizers. Alcohol will eat away at nail polish, make it fade and ultimately shorten its longevity.
7. When applying top coat, make sure you cap the tip of the nail (i.e. go over the tip of the nail). This is where chipping occurs most often, so doing this will double the life of your manicure. It will also prevent your nail polish from looking slathered on if you are doing complicated designs with multiple coats.
Easter eggs shouldn’t have all the fun! Garnish your nails for Easter Sunday with this eggcellent design and celebrate this holiday to the max.
This simple but amazing nail art tutorial will help you match your nails to the Easter eggs that you have decorated with flying colors, or maybe just try something new and show your diversity! Cutepolish covered it all – learn how to get an awesome mix & match design with polka dots ( eggs ), bunnies and sweet little carrots, all that in just one tutorial!
Don’t forget to start with a layer of base coat.
Prepare your Easter-inspired colors for each of your nails ( these are ours ).
Paint the first thin layer of each of your nail polishes.
… Then apply the second coat to increase the opacity.
Apply your white polish on a piece of scrap paper and take a big dotting tool.
Create big white dots over your nail ( index finger ). Start from the middle and create three dots and then add two more on each side, between each two dots.
Use a smaller dotting tool to place dots between the bigger ones.
Use the yellow polish and the small dotting tool to add small dots inside the big white ones.
Do the same on your pinky finger.
Apply your orange polish on a piece of scrap paper and take a big dotting tool for carrots. Create a few dots over you nail ( middle finger ) where you’d like the carrots to go, but remember to leave enough space between them.
Use a tiny paint brush or a toothpick and add tiny triangles to the circles to make them into carrots.
Use a darker green nail polish to add little leaves coming out from little carrots.
Complete this nail by adding some little orange dots between the carrots.
Use a white polish and add a half circle to the tip of the nail. ( ring finger ).
Then, with a little paint brush, add the ears.
Make one of the ears lopped for a super cute look.
Use a pink polish for the inside of the ears.
To finish it, add a little pink heart.
Finish with a top coat and seal your design.
And that’s it! Have a very happy & colorful Easter!
One of the biggest holidays of the year is around the corner. And one of almost everyone’s favorite Spring pastimes is surely dyeing and decorating Easter eggs. This gives us the chance and inspiration to turn on our fantasy and go for gorgeous nail art designs featuring hatching chicks, funny bunnies, colorful eggs, sweet pastel colors and polka dots.
So, in case you have no bright imagination in this respect, we suggest trying out some of these absolutely adorable Easter nail art designs that will surely put you in a celebratory mood and add some fun to your fingertips throughout the holiday season!
Dragons have mystified people for centuries. Whether they were portrayed as fire-spewing beasts – the embodiment of nature’s destructive aspect, greedy treasure hoarders, or benevolent and wise protectors, dragons were revered and held in awe across cultures. Today, they remain a staple of any work of epic fantasy, unlike any other mythical creature. That is why we have picked out the best looking looking designs inspired by these majestic creatures that are so eye catching and beautiful, Mother of Dragons herself would be proud!
As you can see, there are quite a few ways you can achieve the scaled look. You can use stencils, transfer foil, sequins, or you can go ahead and freehand it. So pick your favorite design, spread your wings and let out a creative roar!